Friday, July 2, 2010

Diet no more!!



Well I did it! I was very restrained...and have already blown my budget for the month on this lovely girl, who needs a bit of TLC. This is Poe, a Disco Boogie with a rather unfortunate hair cut. It would seem that at some stage one of her owners (not the person I bought her from) didn't like her streaky hair and cut most of her fringe down to the roots. She's also been sanded and has lost her original make-up apart from her lipstick. I'm planning on rerooting her in a multi-toned blonde and giving her some new makeup. Not sure about her lips, I think I may just leave them as is, although I have seen some gorgeous custom DB with a darker peachy brown lip that looks pretty amazing. Lips are not one of my strong points, so I'll have a practice on Ash or my poor Blythe in bits and if I'm not satisfied I'll send her away to someone who knows what they're doing.

I'm so excited to be getting this girl. My very first non RBL! I hope I can do an OK job on tidying her up. Next month I'll be ordering chips and hair - I'm going to take my time with this one, but at the same time I can't wait to start!

2 comments:

  1. oo--congratulations! I saw this girl and LOVED her-- what a wonderful project and I'm sure she'll be gorgeous when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, her eyes are like mine! Of course, I don't have that hair...but i hope she'll look beautiful when you're done! I have a few questions. I've just started Blythe-ing and I'm making my first dolly from scratch...do wig caps come with scalps and heads and such? And how do you do makeup? Thanks if you can answer ;o)

    ReplyDelete