Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm still here!

The trouble with work, is that in addition to the time that it gobbles up in it's own right it also seems to render me completely unmotivated to dabble in my hobbies. It's only been a week, and already I feel caught up in a groundhog day like cycle of get up, work, pick up Miss B, clean up carnage, cook, eat, clean, sleep. I am such a wuss!

I've been sewing up a mockup bridesmaid dress in my "spare" time too, which hasn't left me with much time to make any new outfits for my beloved Blythes. Or put poor Vanilla back together again! She is still sitting on the buffet looking at me reproachfully as I eat my brekky. I'm reluctant to tuck her away out of site for fear she may join my group of Blythe in bits! I have 3 right now, all needing a bit of work. I must stop getting TLC girls!

I feel the itch for a new girl again and will probably treat myself to one when the contract is over. Maybe I'll finally get that green-haired girl I've been pining for. Or maybe a new blondie. I love the anticipation just as much as the deboxing!

Speaking of arrivals, I am not very happy with Australia Post at the moment. I hadn't been home 10 minutes this afternoon when I saw them pull up outside the house through the window. I got all excited because it's Holly, back from Frankie Darling and I can't wait to see her, so I walked up to the front door to get my parcel...only to see them drive off! The lazy buggers couldn't be bothered walking up the driveway and up the stairs to even knock on the door!! To add insult to injury, the "you weren't home" card says that I can't pick her up until the 10th! What the??!!

Oooh I was peeved!! What's more, did you know that apparently Australia Post have no way of contacting their contractors until they are back in the distribution centre? How ridiculous!

I do apologise for the lack of pictures in this post. The only thing I have recent photographs of is me wearing a very unflattering dress in a Von Trapp curtainesque print. And there's no way I'm putting that out there!

Let me just say that boat neck 50's style gowns will make your ta-tas look like basketballs if you are anything more than Audrey Hepburn shaped. Which sadly, I am not!

No comments:

Post a Comment