Thursday, April 22, 2010

The scalp she is re-rooted, baby!

Finally after many nights camped in front of the telly needle in hand the re-rooting is completed. It is by no means perfect, but generally speaking I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. I've washed it once but it still seems quite greasy. I think I'll have to wash it again before I give her a bob. I just love this colour on her and can't stop admiring it! She still looks nothing like Coraline, but with every little change I make to her I'm liking her more and more, despite her inherent crappness and her head that spins around a la exorcist.

I am not looking forward to cutting her hair at all and I kind of like it long. I so wish that I didn't have to chop it all off - what if it all goes horribly wrong? :( Here's another shot that shows the length that it came out at (I gave it the teeniest of trims) - you can see how greasy it is (also, you can see the delicious new boots I bought from Dolly Molly with the sales proceeds from my dress - Etsy giveth, Etsy taketh away). The saran is actually surprisingly dirty. I think it's some kind of lubricant to stop it from turning into a tangled mess when they spin it into skeins.

I think that doing my first reroot on a Basaak scalp was somewhat of a baptism of fire. I learnt a lot, but made a lot of mistakes along the way. I had to put it quite a lot of extra rows of hair and I still think that it is on the thin side. Next time I will order another packet of hair if I get that same size again I think. Towards the end I was getting quite fast at it and I no longer needed the needle threader. I think I'll find the next one quite a bit easier. I've been eyeing off some lovely white mohair and I think that if it is still there I might have to get it. Jeebers I am a sucker for punishment! I don't even have a Blythe in mind to put the damn thing on as my factory girl has really cute red curls that I'd like to keep if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment