Monday, April 12, 2010

Sewin'


Today I felt like sewing tiny cute little Blythe dresses so I did exactly that. I made two new ones, but sadly the light faded before I could photograph the last one - which is of course the cutest - doh! Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Neither of them has anything to do with Coraline, and it was so wonderful to be able to just put fabrics and trim together the way I wanted to, rather than trying to copy a specific look. After making the dress and photographing it I realised that I enjoy that process far more than the actual owning of it (and subsequent storing of it!), so I'm going to start selling some of my creations to hopefully offset the crippling expense that is the hobby of collecting Blythes. I'll never be Rockefeller as they take quite a while to make and I like to faff about coordinating fabrics and choosing the perfect embellishments, but hopefully I might be able to fund another Blythe purchase that way. Eventually...

I'm listing it on the We Play With Dolls forum for a week, and then I'll move it to my Etsy shop if it hasn't sold after that time. Ah,my poor empty Etsy shop. I don't know why I'm so scared of it. I'm sure that once I've listed and sold the first one the process will be much less intimidating!

Still rerooting the Basaak scalp. I'm slightly more than halfway done now and I have to admit it's looking good so far. I'm quite happy with the length of the hair that I bought and if I ever do another one (and I think I probably will) I'll get the same. It's long, but not so long as to be unmanageable and there's still enough length to give it a trim to neaten it up without it feeling too short. I really don't know how I'm going to bring myself to cut it into a short bob!

EDIT: I decided to stop being such a sissy and have listed it on Etsy straight up. My shop looks very empty! More dresses will have to follow in order to avoid the scorn of fellow Etsyians.

No comments:

Post a Comment