Tuesday, March 23, 2010


Thought I would include some ever-so-slightly better photos of my Coraline custom. The last post was written quite late at night and the light was not good (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). Hopefully when I finish up the lightbox it will make crummy photos a thing of the past. Or at least appallingly badly lit ones at any rate.

So, here's Frankie with her button eyes, and her browns (that I had to put in because unlike most Blybe/Basaaks she didn't come with the browns). I'm pleased to say that Miss B is delighted with her and especially likes the button eyes (which is a relief, after all that sanding!). In fact she's loved her a bit too hard and the pull string has broken. It's probably my fault - looks as though the knot wasn't made big enough inside and she's pulled it right through the hole in the arc. I don't plan on fixing it right now, it can wait until the hair arrives and she is de-scalped.

I ordered the hair from Restoredoll over the weekend. It's a blend of two different shades of blue - Looking Glass Blue and Sapphire Blue. I hope it looks OK as it was hard to tell from the website and there's always the chance the the colour looks different on my monitor than it is in real life. In a week or so I'll let Miss B cut all of her hair off and I will prepare the scalp for re-rooting. She is quite looking forward to it!


  1. Hi! I know this is a REALLY old post but I just wanted to say I love your blog and I've spent the last few days going back and reading all of your posts! I had a question too about your button eyes. Are these just little buttons that you got that were the same size to fit the eyes or are these button chips? I adore Coraline and this is a really cute idea!

    Plus, I've got a clone on the way to practice customizing so.. yeah. LOL Thanks very much and I'll keep reading!

  2. Thanks so much for your comment :) In regard to the button chips, yes they were just plain old buttons that I picked up that happened to be the exact diameter of her eyechips. I just took some very coarse sand paper and sanded down the back of them until they were very thin and didn't protrude above the chip socket.

    Ahh poor Frankie. I learned a lot working on her, but she's a bit of a trainwreck! If you can't get a clone with the right hair, I would advise a wig rather than a reroot as the scalp is rock hard. Good luck with your customising :)