Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The hair's here!



Today Miss Jones' hair arrived from Restore Doll. I was not expecting it for another week or so but it was a lovely surprise. It's absolutely beautiful and I can't stop admiring it. It's just the most heavenly colour! I'm so glad that I went with the blend as neither shade seemed quite right, but together they are perfect! I would have taken a photo, but I lost the light too early, and as I have discovered, it's impossible for me to take a good photo with my camera without some sunshine. I just hope that I have ordered enough hair to do the job well... I got 4 skeins of the regular format and it really doesn't look like that much hair - especially when I compare it to the amount that came off her head after Miss B took to it gleefully with the scissors.

Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen her have that much fun playing with a doll before! As soon as she got home from school she wanted to play hairdresser and Jonesy's hair grew shorter and shorter. I thought it looked quite cute short and if she wasn't going to be transformed into Coraline, I would have left it that way. Considering she's only 8...and has a brutal technique, I think Miss B did a great job!



Seeing as how it was Jonesy's last few moments as a blonde I thought I'd play around and take a few shots before her big transformation...be it for better or for worse! Yesterday I played around with the camera settings (and discovered that my camera is pretty much useless without natural light - grr!) and also learned a little bit more about paint.net. I think the shots I've taken are greatly improved and in my opinion, this is by far the best doll photo I've taken. For a girl with such a ghetto background, Jonesy photographs surprisingly well!

Sadly, she does not look nearly this nice at the moment. As I write this she is sporting a rather savage crew cut in preparation for her new hair..and once I've finished this post I will begin pulling out the plugs. I hope that I haven't made a big mistake in scalping her.

No comments:

Post a Comment