Monday, March 29, 2010

That's more like it!

Version 2 of the tiny blouse came out much better - stress free and with no unpicking or cursing involved! I followed my "plan" as outlined in my last post and that, coupled with my new gaget, the Clover mini-iron, made all the difference. I'm still not entirely sure that my method of doing the collar is the same as the one that the Dolly Dolly people used, but it looks nice and neat and lays flat, so I'm not complaining!

I finished the lightbox tonight and took a trial photograph using it and was so disappointed in the result. Believe it or not the background is white, and this was the best shot that I took! Obviously I am doing something terribly wrong, I just don't know what it is. I wonder if it's just not possible for me to take a good photo at night with the camera that I have... I think I need to study the manual and learn how to to this as I am not happy with any of the shots I have taken so far.

The outfit I made actually looks much better in person and it's so annoying to have such a crappy photograph of it.

On the upside, I had a lot of fun dressing Holly up for her photoshoot. Miss B joined in the fun as well. I plan to make something cute for her Simply Lilac in the near future. She is much harder to dress as so many colours clash horribly with her hair. She only looks good in pastels, black or white.

No comments:

Post a Comment