Monday, June 14, 2010

It's been one of those grey chilly winter days today, perfect weather for baking and sewing so that's exactly what I did. Chocolate cake and lots of tiny little knickers, I put a couple of pairs in the shop straight away, the rest will be added gradually thoughout the week.

My underwear actually sold out during the past week, which was totally unexpected. Even though they are such small amounts of money, I get such a buzz every time I get a sale! Etsy is totally addictive, even if I do seem to spend much much more than I earn.

I got the nicest surprise today when I was checking out the forums on Plastic Paradise. One of the moderators is putting together a Blythe Shopping Guide - I thought it was such a great idea, I went to check it out and guess what I found? A pic of my underwear being modelled by their new owners and a very nice write-up about it! It totally made my day. I had no idea that it was anything other than an ordinary sale, so it was completely out of the blue to come across the blog entry. The blog post and pic is here if you'd like to have a look, and of course there are lots of articles about other Blythe Etsyians too.



I put the lovely new Veronica Lace scalp on Roxy a little while ago, but I hadn't done the big reveal because embarassingly, she has nothing to wear - poor thing! I know exactly what I want to make for her, I just need to carve out a little time to run it up. I really like the way she looks with the new scalp - and the scalp itself is stunning. Anyway, I needed some knickers photographed today and she was the perfect model. I still have one more factory Blythe left to customise, but I don't have any strong feeling about how she should look, so I will wait until I'm feeling more inspired to take action.

4 comments:

  1. love her eye color and blush - she really does look embarrassed she's only in knickers. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...yes she does! Poor thing isn't even wearing those at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute. Much more exciting than the plane whities tighties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) They are kind of satisfying to make. I always take a moment to admire their tiny-ness when I'm done!

    ReplyDelete