Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My new body


I got in the day before "Dolly Diet" officially began and bought myself a Neemo Flection body. I've been wanting one for quite a while, and apparently this was the last one left, so you know, I had to buy it really. Hopefully Mimiwoo won't object to my borrowing her picture. I've bought from her several times and she is always wonderful to deal with - can't recommend her highly enough (see - I've just given you a free plug, how can you be mad at me now? :P).

I'm quite looking forward to playing with this - the poseability (is that an actual word??) is amazing and she has really cute legs - kind of anime style. I'm not quite sure which girl will be getting this body. At the moment, I'm leaning towards Roxy, because as well as her being my current favourite, she also was saddled with the worst body I've seen - pretty much every component is a different colour! I also noticed when I was sanding her that her faceplates are ever so slightly different colours as well. Poor thing.

Not such great news on other purchases...the seller I bought my odd-haired girl from has reposted the exact picture of her (and I know this, because she was numbered hospital wrist band style!) back up for sale. I know that they all probably look much the same to the sellers, but the factory girls really are OOAK - in that one will have flaws that another one won't. I looked really closely at the pic before I opted to buy, and I know that if I'm sent another one it's highly unlikely that she'll be in perfect condition. I sent him a "please explain email" and he said not to worry, that the one that I've been sent is the same, but given the very nature of the factory girls, that really is not possible. I hope I haven't been sent a total dud. I really hate ugly transactions/confrontations and have so far been very lucky in that everything I've bought from ebay has arrived and has also been pretty much what I expected. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment