Saturday, June 19, 2010

Low mojo

I have been so busy over the past week, I kind of feel that I've lost my Blythe mojo a little. I don't feel like sewing (there's a cute new dress all cut out waiting for me), I don't feel like customising (there's a Blythe in bits and not one, but TWO scalps sitting in my studio - unheard of!), and even more frightening, I don't feel like shopping. I have managed to stick to my dolly diet shockingly well, but I don't feel particularly pleased with myself because I have not had the slightest urge to buy anything, even though I've seen some dolls at very very good prices. What is up with that?? How is it possible that I'm feeling that my collection is big enough - I only have 3 of my own, Miss B's Lilac and a Blythe-in-bits.

I put it down to post flu blues.... Mr P was sick all this week (only he had man-flu, so his symptoms were twice as severe!), and this week also marked the end of my contract in the Art department. Even though it was not a prestigious position and had more than a bit of drudgery involved, I think that I am a bit down at the prospect of returning to my stay at home mum status. *sigh* I know I should not complain and that loads of women would kill to be in a position to be able to do that, but it was nice to get some recognition for the work I did and the little bit of extra money was good too.

Anyway, to shake my low mojo I am throwing down the dolly gauntlet (what would that be - a mitten??) and giving myself a challenge to work on. This week, starting Monday I will be making 5 items in 5 days to put in the shop. And knickers will not be counted! Dresses, blouses, skirts and pants only. I may even look at my Blythe-in-bits and do something with her. Or organise my studio a little bit...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment